External web sites you may find useful or of interest.
1. This fantastic web site is the work of a photographer named Patrick Elie. The site is called D-Day:Etat Des Lieux which translates as State of Play. As you view the photos in the Normandy Then and Now section, scroll down to see the same wartime scene as it looks today. click here
2. Google has a site that displays millions of pictures. Go to images.google.com (click here) and type in the type of picture you seek eg: battlefields, WW1, water, insects etc etc.
3. The Official War of 1812 Bicentennial Web Site details current and future events, historical articles and links to historic sites and museums. Planning for the 200th anniversary is ongoing. click here
4. Brantford based Zig Misiak has a web site dedicated to the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812 in Brantford, Brant and the Six Nations. They are hoping to involve historians, teachers, students and re-enactors. The site has many links to historical events, books, sale items. For more click here
5.The web page of the Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada (Re-enactment Society)
6.The web page of the Norfolk Militia
7.The web page of the Canadian Volunteers in the War of 1812 This bunch fought on the wrong side during the war
8. A web page that will allow you to compare Hiroshima to Detoit, 60 years after the bomb dropped. Hiroshima
9. If you enjoy documentaries on a wide range of topics from military history, art, politics etc. you may just want to check out this web site click here
10. An extensive collection of WW2 stories gathered by the BBC click here
11. War of 1812 documentary to air October 10 on PBS click here
12.This web site, albeit a product of the Winnepeg Foundation, has some interesting interviews with vets. click here
13. With the Canadian combat mission ending in Afghanistan in July 2011, you may find these web sites of interest.
Canadian Forces casualties .It likely will be updated soon.
16. Want to see pictures of planes? Virtual Aircraft Museum
17. Interested in War Art? Try these web sites
18. A great collection of post 1945 photos can be seen at this site
19. Photos of Germany in 1939 can be found here